Sunday, September 6, 2009

My last blog as Nicky

So I can't believe it's finally come to an end!! Boy pregnancy really is long! But tomorrow I will see that it was all worth it. Tomorrow I'm gonna finally become a mommy. 4 years of sadness will come to an end.
So on my last day of being - Nicky and not mommy I did as little as bloody possible.
  1. Woke up at 9am (probably for the last time).
  2. Sat quietly waking up drinking my morning coffee (probably for the last time).
  3. Went to breakfast at Sostanza (Lakeside) and enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast with Alan.
  4. Sterilized a bottle, the dummy and a breast pump just in case Alan needs to bring it to the hospital. This way I'll know that he hasn't melted the breast pump in the sterilizer before I even get to try it out.
  5. Finished off my thank you notes for posting.
  6. Then finally and probably for the last time - I went for a Sunday afternoon nap!!
  7. I repacked my hospital bag - again. But this time for the last time.

While having breakfast at Sostanza I saw Graham there - you remember tight jean crazy boy from Idols. Well I've come to the conclusion I know why he can't sing - his jeans are so damn tight his poor balls won't allow him to!! As I sat watching him I had images of throwing him into a nice warm shower - not to have my way with him - no, to scrub the guy down. He looked like a real skollie who'd forgotten what the shampoo was for!! Idol my ass!

Then just now before I come to post my blog Alan was having his monthly chuck out of crap day, I get asked - do you want this. A simple yes or no will decide the fate of the poor objects future. 1 Black wallet that I'd used sometime A.D. appeared in his hand and just before my lips could start saying No I decided that I'd be nice and keep it for the char. Before giving it to her I obviously had to go through it. I found slips in there from 2007... but the bonus was there was also a R50 note wrapped into some of the slips - I really must stop doing that! Anyway, that just paid for half the pizza that just arrived through my kitchen door.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck for tomorrow Nix! I can't wait for you LO to arrive!

Monzelle de Villiers said...

Lol Nix, lucky R50, you should keep it for you little boy!!!

I can't wait, enjoy everything for the last time, but I promise you, it's all worth it so share from now on...

kandis said...

good luck my friend
i cant wait to meet your baby and i cant believe that you and alan are finally going to be PARENTS

Nikki said...

I'll take that R50 and bet it's a girl. LOL!!!

Good luck Nix, I can't wait!