Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just a thought

Okay, so only my fellow infertile buddies will understand and also know exactly what I’m on about. Everyone else will probably just take this personally. Tough… this is my blog!

Don’t you just love it when people become all sensitive because you don’t want to be around their children all the time! Almost like you don’t care about them enough to want to see them every single day. It’s your child, raise it, why should I take on that responsibility? I don’t want to talk about babies 24/7. I don’t want to hear about all the cute things they are getting up to all the time. Don’t get me wrong I do indulge and I do love the updates. Here’s what I think I’m getting at. There are 5 adults sitting in a lounge and one baby on the lounge floor playing. 90% of the conversation will be about that child. “Look, she’s trying to pick up a block” “Aw, look she just blinked” “Don’t you just love it when they blink” “I remember when my child….” – BORING people. And I’m not saying that we should all talk about world economics or global warming or the financial dilemma this world is facing.

Now talking about babies and talking about trying to have a baby is two very different things. And I can understand that some people, okay most people get bored with my conversation too. But I don’t get all sensitive when you don’t want to see me all the time because of it. I’ve lost 3 babies and do you honestly think that I really want to talk about stuff like that ??????? well yes but not for hours on end!!!

2 comments:

Twinkles said...

Hey Nix, I totally get what you are saying.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, was starting to wonder what happened to you?!!

Totally agree with the "parent talk". It sux hairballs and the conversation always ends up with baby stuff. I ignore it, walk away and have more wine!