Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's up

So what started off as a daily blog seems to now have turned into a weekly blog. You probably think its laziness. Well partly it is. But mostly it’s just that I’m not sure what to write about. I, unlike others, don’t have a very exciting job that allows me to go off to Venice and all those kinds of beautiful places *wink wink* *hint hint* - you know who you are right. Nope, I’m confined to a daily trip into Noordhoek. How bloody exciting is that!!

We had a very special little guest last night. She’s only 5 years old but what a smart child she is. “I” has been a big part of our lives since she was about 11 months old. I think that was when she had her first sleep over at our house. She’s my boss’s granddaughter, I take her to school in the mornings and I fetch her again in the afternoons. So as you can think we have loads of conversations in the car about all sorts of things. She once asked me how babies are born… well I opted to explain the cesarean section and figured her mom could explain the vaginal birth when she was a bit older. She was fascinated and asked me whether the doctor didn’t mind having blood on his hands (please note that I had made no mention of blood), I explained to her that if someone paid me the amount of money he gets paid to take the baby out of the mommies tummy then I’d also not care about the blood on my hands. She was happy with that answer. She also knows that I have lost my babies and it was nicely explained to her that they have gone to heaven. She often talks about them too. She even named them. The first one is called “Peggie legs” and the second one is “Flower”. She doesn’t know about the third one. The other day we were talking about Santa and she asked me if she should phone Santa and ask him if you could phone God and tell him that I’ve been a really good girl this year and maybe He’ll give me my babies back – I mean really, what do you say to that!

Not much else happening on the baby front. AF finally arrived, well sort of, two days of spotting so far so still waiting for it to come in full force. It will though! So no babies this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That story is just so cute!